Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Lots of thought... my brain is scattered :)

Lets see.... what has been going on here at Rancho Sordo Mudo... hm

Oh ok well I found out yesterday by the principle Johnny that I am switching classes from the little guys to the next level up, its kinda like 1st grade class. Olivia is the teacher but now her and I are team teaching. I will be teaching once a week and planning class with her for the week. Its totally different than the little guys. In the other class it was very simple and fun for them. In that class i really had to sit with a few students and help them one on one. Also a few students are at very different levels in the kinder class but not high enough to more on. So its for sure interesting...

In the new class there are 5 boys and 3 girls. They know how to do simple math like adding, writing their names, they know more of Mexico's history and communicate better with signing. Im a bit nervous to teach, i have to say. Only because a lot of them know me as a friend and not respected as authority...yet. Well i guess they do i mean ive had to talk with some of the kids before.I think i am just not sure what to expect. Theyre attitues and emotions are completly different from day to day. Fights brake out ,with the younger boys, so easily. Over an accident and misunderstandings. Its very difficult for them to understand an accident from on purpose and from right or wrong...
every student is very different and learns and needs to be corrected different. That is not what i am used to at all... when i was in school my teachers always did the same for everyone. So this is new for me and i do like getting to know everyone better and seeing everyone handles things different.

Anyways! Its going to be very exciting and different. For sure. Im not going to get worried about it because i know that i have a Helper who knows us all and knows what we need. He is teaching me how to teach the kiddos. I cannot do this without Him. I know that He has me here and will be by my side every step. God is teaching me to rely on Him for everything, even the things i think i can do without Him. I am learning to give it all to Him, and actually listen to what He has to say. Life is seriously so much better and i have much more love and joy when i rely on Him.



"Go gently through this day, keeping your eyes on Me. I will open up the way before you, as you take steps of trust along your path. Sometimes the way before you  appears to be blocked.  If you focus on the obstacle or search for away around it, you will probably go off course. Instead, focus on Me, the Shepherd who is leading you along your life-journey. Before you know it, the "obstacle" will be behind you and you will hardly know how you passed through it.
      That is the secret of success in My kingdom. Although you remain aware of the visible world around you, your primary awareness is of Me. When the road before you looks rocky, you can trust Me to to get you through that rough patch. My Presence enables you to face each day with confidence."

 -Jesus Calling, October 18

No comments:

Post a Comment