Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Journal entry // coming home from Amealco/Rincon.

Nov 1 2014 I wrote this in my journal while riding a bus from one town (Rincon inside of a bigger town Amealco) to the city (Querétaro) after ministering in the town to the deaf. Here is my interesting trip home. I no longer go to Rincon/ Amealco :( but  can't wait to visit again!

I was told that in order to catch the van that would take me from  Rincon to Amealco then Amealco to the city Querétaro I would need to be out at 6am when it would pass. Today I had to leave early from our weekend work to arrive in Querétaro at 1030am for a meeting.
So I get out about 555am. It's freezing. Bitting cold and I'm standing there in the freezing wind for a van to pass.
So I start to jump in place, do leg lifts, jumping jacks... Anything to get me body moving and "warm". I even used my skirt as a blanket. (Yes they only wear skirts in Rincon) 615 nothing. I started dancing there on the side of the street. The sun was thinking about coming up and I decided to go get a better view. 645am a woman and her son passed and I asked about the van that supposedly passes here, I was told "ahorita viene"...ha ahorita. That is a funny word that could mean: right now, 5 mins, 30 mins/"soon" or who knows when. But based on the time I thought it could actually be soon, maybe 7am.
I figured the man that told me 6am surely didn't know. So I danced a little more and did some more leg lifts. I saw an elderly woman walk out into the street with items/luggage and I had a hunch she'd be headed out to the city too. I walked over and we talked a bit. The van did show up right at 7am and her and I squeezed in. (This van was A LOT like my favorite van in the Oaxaca coast). Another elderly man squeezed his slender body right next to mine. There I was, squeezed right between two cold,but warm, bodies and I was thankful for the closeness.

Oh, I forgot,. While waiting with la señora for the van a taxi pulled up, dropped of his passenger and tried to convince her and I to go with him. He was very convincing, peed right there in front of us and then asked us "are we encouraged?". Really?! That's a sure way to get passengers in your taxi.  I flat out said "no." And surely my face showed shock/"no way man am I going with you, ya nasty" and the woman nicely let him go saying the van price is better. I'd go in the van if it was more expensive thank you very much. Well ya, that was interesting.

So we arrived in Amealco ,and I was told where to go to find the bus central to head back to the city Querétaro. I was told to walk straight straight straight, head up some stairs, straight then at farmers market ask someone over there. I really do have fun now asking for directions, it's always an interesting time. Well here I am on the bus heading to the city, and drank too many hot liquids...with no bathroom on board. :)


Yesterday with Carolina... She drank a lot of water, helped up fill a bottle with rocks, and let us braid her hair. The whole time she sat there shivering with hardly nothing as clothing... Valeria (my friend from Oaxaca here with us) gave Caro her scarf and warmer shirt. Show Caro your love for her. Open every part of her that needs to be opened. Reveal yourself to her... Your love light and peace. Show Caro the way to go, and don't let her go!

-------------------




No comments:

Post a Comment