Saturday, December 10, 2011

Betsy

Lately God has been reminding me of all that He has blessed me with. Growing up He provided so much and I really do have so many great memories... so much to be thankful for!

    Today I was thinking of the all the times my brother ,Landon, and I were drove in my blue 1987 Cadillac de Ville Betsy. She had the tendency to be very random, Betsy had a mind of her own...lets just say that. My Senior year My brother and I drove everywhere together. In that car we have so many great memories. But one specific time that I was remembering was in the fall that year when I had to pick him up from some place and we took the freeway home... Betsy decided to just stop except she kept rolling so we got to pull off to the side. At first I think we both didn't know what to do so we just stopped to pray. We both prayed and started to thank God for all that he has done and given us and for safety.
    We didn't want to call home and explain what was happening so we just tried to figure it out... kinda stupid.  Well, we ended up turning Betsy off then on and she would drive for a few feet then turn off again and just keep rolling. We did that ( on and off) all the way home, praying all the way for her to keep going. Along the way people would stop and ask if we were fine or need help but we really didn't mind... we were laughing and joking all the way home.  It was a very interesting experience. And at one point she wouldn't start so we just stopped for about 10 mins and got to see the beautiful sunset.

A car similar to Betsy

  I am not one that is into cars and still to this day I still don't know what happened but really I don't care. That experience was great, fun, and not stressful. We had a time to bond and talk about things that were needed. It was as if God used my old car to give Landon and I a time to just get away from all the crap that was going on at that time in life and praise God in all that is happening, He knew we needed it. Thank Him for it all in the good and bad whatever circumstance.



Written as if He is speaking directly to you.
"Be willing to go out on a limb with Me. If that is where I am leading you, it is the safest place to be. Your desire to live a risk-free life is a form of unbelief.  You longing to live close to Me is at odds with your attempts to minimize risk. You are approaching a crossroads in your journey. In order to follow Me wholeheartedly, you must relinquish your tendency to play it safe.
        Let Me lead you step by step through this day. If your primary focus is on Me, you can walk along perilous paths without being afraid. Eventually, you will learn to relax and enjoy the adventure of our journey together.  As long as you stay close to Me, My sovereign Presence protects you wherever you go."
 Psalm 23: 4 ; Psalm 9:10 ; John 12:26

No comments:

Post a Comment