Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Room 8

The Kindergarten room is finally finished and about ready to move in... like by tomorrow!

Groups of people have been working on the room since September to get it finished and us moved in asap! It is now that time, and I am so excited! We will have walls that are not cinder block and have tile floor instead of dirty, smelly, pee-ed on, lice invaded, torn carpet. I have to say this room (room 9 that we occupy right now) has grown on my... it has character, it is full, and it is warm. I have had a good time for these few months in room 9 but it is time and a fresh smell and feel awaits us!

Right now the room is completely empty except for one white board on the wall and two shelves. We are in need of classroom items and furniture, furniture that would allow me to separate the classroom, make more than one group. Why can the class not all be together? Well, I have students from 5-17 years old and when together it is not fun. The 5 year old, two 6 year old boys, and a 9 year old girl need to do more playing than the 12,13, and 17 year old students. The older kids need to be taught differently than the younger kids and I cannot do that as one big class. Having them separated will help me to teach more effectively and help them to learn at different paces with information that relates better.
Only problem is that we do not have the furniture. Help!? If you can let me know! It is much much appreciated. We can make things on our own but some things just need to be bought...which is where we are stuck. So if you could help like I said it would be appreciated! It is all for the kids... I want to do all that I can and be a more effective teacher. I'm praying that someone can help us.

Anything used will work also, but I ask please do not send us things that are falling apart that you know you would not even want to use.
The two shelves we have are white so if you can help, white would be best!
To get an idea of what I am looking for check out the needs page.
THANKS!!!!

Keep sweet,
Moriah

No comments:

Post a Comment