Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Abide in me

So today I picked up my book that teaches MSL mexican sign language, it is called Mis manos que hablan: lengua de senas para Sordos. I need to be learning these signs to be able to communicate. As of right now I know ASL American sign language and bits of spanish... It's harder for me to learn the Spanish language than it is to learn MSL. It's all so new and it's funny starting all over again with a new language. I feel like Once I am at the ranch and around the culture I might be able to learn faster also I will have a lot of help! I can't wait I am truly excited for this new change in life.

I was just reading John 14 and 15 today and was reminded again to not get carried away with everything of the world, which is so easy for me to do. I need to constantly be in Gods word, make time to praise his awesome works, and give thanks! I have been hearing John 15 a lot lately. It is so cool and true where it says verse 4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.

Of course, that's so obvious if I want to be spilling what i have learned and the love that I have for other people. Where will it come from? Only from abiding in God. Having special time set apart to learn and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment